A few weeks ago, Abby asked me how I peel and cube my mangoes. Although it took me a few times to perfect my method when I first started eating mangoes, I think I’ve got it down now. So here’s a tutorial that will hopefully give you a head start!
1. First, slice off the bottom of the mango.
2. Then start to make thin, straight slices of the skin starting from the end you just cut and working towards the top of the mango. FYI the skin is totally edible… and really good!
3. Keep peeling until the mango is free of skin.
4. To start cubing the mango, make a straight slice down the center of the mango, veering towards either side of the center pit.
5. Repeat on the second side.
6. You will be left with a center pit that still has some fruit on it, so slice down either side of the pit and then slice across the top for your first cubes.
7. Then take the two large pieces of fruit and cube them up.
8. Throw them in a bowl and enjoy!
It takes a little practice, but mangoes are definitely worth the effort!